This IDC study presents the security software market in the Central and Eastern European region for 2003 and forecasts expenditure on security software applications through 2008. The study contains market size, vendor market shares, and forecasts for five discrete market categories. It also ranks the major security software providers by their 2003 revenue, and includes a profile of their activities and presence in individual country and vertical markets.
The study aims to answer the following questions:
- What is the current size of the software security market in the CEE?
- Which security software segments are most important? What is the current focus of spending?
- What are IDC's predictions for spending on security software and what are the assumptions for forecast numbers? What impact will these have on the market developments?
- Who are the market leaders based on license and maintenance revenues and what are their strengths, weaknesses, and strategies for the future?
- Which industry sectors are the most important sources of demand for security software applications? What are the future trends in this area?
"The booming growth of security software markets in CEE is driven by increasing awareness of security threats among organizations of all sizes. A holistic, risk management-oriented view of enterprise security is gaining popularity in the large enterprise market, while the SME market continues to focus on efforts to combat specific threats." ? Zoltan Komaromi, Senior Analyst, IDC CEMA